This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sofia Moss Sofia Moss 8 years ago.

GeoCoding Not Working

• Rated one or more Super Store Finder products

Hi

I’m having issues with the stores not geo-coding. I went to the knowledge base and checked what I could and it mentioned about CURL and tmp. My hosting company have said the below and was wondering if you had anymore insight or suggestions etc to help resolve, fix it?

I can confirm 100% that CURL is enabled, so you’ll have no issues with that.

Secondly, /php/tmp is *not* writeable – it seems quite an unusual location? I’d suggest altering this path to be /tmp or to be a path relative to your web space itself, e.g. /var/sites/v/vividarts.co.uk/tmp/

Let me know if you’re still having issues with this. The other potential problem could be if their server is somehow rejecting or not accepting the Geo-code request from us; to find this out we’d just need to know their API server IP or hostname, or an example of a CURL request it’s performing.

Rated one or more Super Store Finder products

Hi

Hosting company have said this also:

The other possibility here is that because you’re on a shared IP, Google are restricting access to the API. It may request you to use their authenticated API rather than the unauthenticated one.

Sofia Moss
    StaffSuper ContributorUser Level

Thank you for your inquiry via forum and email, it could be due to various reasons, you can refer to below knowledge base articles that might be able to assist you.

Troubleshooting Guide – http://superstorefinder.net/support/knowledgebase/nothing-happens-when-i-click-import-and-geocode/

Google Maps API limits – http://superstorefinder.net/support/knowledgebase/google-maps-api-keys-usage-and-limits/

Google Maps API key – http://superstorefinder.net/support/knowledgebase/how-to-use-google-api-keys-for-super-store-finder/

Cheers,
    Sofia

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Sofia Moss Sofia Moss.

Hi

That’s a really unhelpful response and appears to be automated.

Can you please escalate to the plugin developer or someone with technical insight to provide an answer that will be helpful or possibly just arrange a refund if you can’t help get your product to work as it should.

Thank you in advance.

Sofia Moss

Hi there,

You can request refund via http://support.envato.com , the hosting issue might need to be inspected at hosting level, I would recommend to perform import via localhost or another hosting that works and perform import via phpmyadmin.

So will your plugin never work if a site is on shared hosting set up?

My CSV has 317 entries, are you able to add latitude and longitude to the sample csv and import the csv that way? I do have the lat and longs for the addresses just don’t know how to include them into a csv that will work for your plugin.

Would appreciate your help so much to get this to work. If you could email me a CSV with the lat and long columns and then I could import that way if it adds them to the database correctly?

Sofia Moss

It’s been working with most shared hosting, although, certain hosting might block this feature unfortunately.

As for custom import, you can request it for customization via this link http://codecanyon.net/user/highwarden

Sofia Moss

Another way I could recommend is to use phpmyadmin, for example you can populate below code with your stores with lat and longitude and import via phpmyadmin

INSERT INTO `wp_ssf_wp_stores` (`ssf_wp_id`, `ssf_wp_store`, `ssf_wp_address`, `ssf_wp_address2`, `ssf_wp_city`, `ssf_wp_state`, `ssf_wp_country`, `ssf_wp_zip`, `ssf_wp_latitude`, `ssf_wp_longitude`, `ssf_wp_tags`, `ssf_wp_description`, `ssf_wp_url`, `ssf_wp_hours`, `ssf_wp_phone`, `ssf_wp_fax`, `ssf_wp_email`, `ssf_wp_image`, `ssf_wp_is_published`, `ssf_wp_embed_video`, `ssf_wp_default_media`, `ssf_wp_ext_url`, `ssf_wp_contact_email`) VALUES
    (1, 'Brooklyn Store', '58 Montague St, Brooklyn', '', '', '', NULL, '', '40.6955335', '-73.9970345', 'clothing, Custom Markers, Tourist Attraction,', '<br>', '', '', '', '', '', '', NULL, '', 'image', '', 0),
    (2, 'The Gardens', '96 Avenue Of The Americas', '', '', 'NY', NULL, '10010', '40.7233092', '-74.0049177', 'park,', '<br>', '', '', '215558669', '215558677', 'test@email.com', '', NULL, '', 'image', 'youtube.com', 2);

You can use phpmyadmin interface to import the populated sql file as screenshot below:

phpmyadmin

Hi, I have sent the below to HighWarden:

I’m essentially looking for a CSV template of the above that includes the latitude and longitude as your current sample CSV does not include these. thank you for your replies and assistance, I really do appreciate your help in overcoming this bug/issue.

Hi

Unfortunately, the Super Store Finder is working for me. The locations are not being geo-coded. I only have 317 so can’t see it being a limit issue. Also, the server has CURL enabled but it is on shared hosting and the hosting company said this may be an issue. I’ve requested in support a sample CSV with the latitutde and longitude columns in (because I have these values) but then be able to import the CSV and the lat and long upload and show the store locations. Is this something you can email to me? I see it as a bug fix but if there is a fee involved that I need to pay over paypal just let me know but other store locator plugins that I have used but the interface isn’t as nice, had a sample csv with the lat and long columns in so I was able to overcome the geo-coding issue this way.

Many Thanks in advance
    Sean

Sofia Moss

You’re welcome, sure, they will reply to you accordingly.

** UPDATED ** Guide to import without GeoCoding :

http://superstorefinder.net/support/knowledgebase/import-without-geocoding/

The topic ‘GeoCoding Not Working’ is closed to new replies.