Steps to troubleshoot.
Firstly, it could be the limit that you’re IP address or server IP address is having from geo-coding, you may need to wait or try from another IP address. Also refer to the Geo Coding limit article available here.
The next important thing to do is to create and use the correct Google Maps API key (ensure that it is a Browser Key and you enter the correct domain format),detailed info available here.
A. If sample CSV works but yours does not
Edit your csv in Notepad++ instead of Excel/spreadsheet tool and make a comparison against the sample csv, you need to ensure that the format is the same i.e comma, quotes, etc
Notice: If you’re using Mac, you can also refer to this articles below:
TextEdit has separate plain text and rich text modes. You’ll have to select Format > Make Plain Text or set the default format to plain text first.
Alternative Tool that works is Google Docs (https://docs.google.com)
B. If the sample CSV doesn’t work
Check the following with your server provider:
1. cURL library is turned on
2. Ensure that file_get_contents is turned on in server settings
3. /php/tmp folder on your server is writable
4. Check with your hosting provider on max file upload size settings on your server
5. Check your addresses that are not successfully geocoded at http://www.latlong.net to see if the format is correct
Users who have LIKED this post: