This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sofia Moss Sofia Moss 8 years, 2 months ago.

How to convert data from PHP version to WordPress version?

• I’m a long-time user of the php version (well, about 2+ years…not that long). It works well but I can see that the WordPress verison is the way to go.

PLus, I’ve installed and administered many dozens of WP sites before and I am very familiar with it.

THE QUESTION IS: How do I utilize the database from the PHP version in the WP version? It may be that it’s just as simple as indicating the admin name/pw and the db name/pw. I have many thousands of entries in the db so it’s no easy task to redo it.

Please let me know the best way to utilize the data without having to re-enter/code everything.

Thanks for your help, looking forward to hearing your reply.

Sofia Moss
    StaffSuper ContributorUser Level

Hi there,

Thank you for your inquiry, best way to do is to export the data from php version to wordpress version, you can write a custom script to import the exported php data .sql file and populate the wordpress tables accordingly.

Cheers,
    Sofia

Sofia,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I’m leaning toward purchasing the WP plugin and experimenting with the data export/import you describe. I hate to go into without some guidance, though.

Is there information in the documentation for the WP version that could guide me in what to export, in what order, and the table(s) names for the WP files?

Please let me know what you can, and if there are URLs to documentation online I can take a look at.

Sofia Moss
    StaffSuper ContributorUser Level

Hi there,

Sure, here you go. This is the user guide page for Import/Export http://superstorefinder.net/superstorefinderwp/user-guide/#document-7

As for the sample CSV, you can download it here.

Database structure for stores as below:

CREATE TABLE wp_ssf_wp_stores (
    ssf_wp_id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
    ssf_wp_store varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_address varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_address2 varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_city varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_state varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_country varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_zip varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_latitude varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_longitude varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_tags mediumtext NULL,
    ssf_wp_description mediumtext NULL,
    ssf_wp_url varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_ext_url varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_contact_email int(11) NULL,
    ssf_wp_embed_video mediumtext NULL,
    ssf_wp_default_media varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_hours mediumtext NULL,
    ssf_wp_phone varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_fax varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_email varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_image varchar(255) NULL,
    ssf_wp_is_published varchar(1) NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY  (ssf_wp_id)
    );

Cheers,
    Sofia

The topic ‘How to convert data from PHP version to WordPress version?’ is closed to new replies.