This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sofia Moss Sofia Moss 7 years, 7 months ago.

Was working , now front end mySQL query errors, admin still works…

• User Level

These are the errors on the front end of the website:

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/nonak3dmeat/public_html/store-finder/embed.php on line 79

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/nonak3dmeat/public_html/store-finder/embed.php on line 79

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/nonak3dmeat/public_html/store-finder/includes/class.database.php on line 49

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/nonak3dmeat/public_html/store-finder/includes/class.database.php on line 49

This site WAS working. I don’t know why it is not now, or when it stopped.

I can, however, login to the admin and all looks well there, I was able to edit existing records and save them.

I logged into phpMyAdmin and changed the database password, then updated it in the store locator files where the old password was. That did not help. I also double checked the DB name and DB usernames.

My mySQL version info is:

Server type: MySQL
    Server version: 5.6.30-log – MySQL Community Server (GPL)

My php version: 5.6

Sofia Moss
    StaffSuper ContributorUser Level

Hi there,

1) Thank you for your inquiry, it could be that the database username/password was changed. Please check this and confirm with your hosting provider.

2) Other reasons might be your server PHP version (although you need to check with your host provider first) could have been upgraded to mysqli_connect, best to backup all your files and databases, if you download the latest version from Codecanyon, this will support mysqli_connect.

Although from the error logs you’ve provided, it’s high likely the root cause is coming from item (1).

* EDITED *

Also, you said admin works but frontend does not.

Compare both config files to see if the database access details are correct in

a) includes/config.inc.php
    b) admin/includes/config.inc.php

Cheers,
    Sofia

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Sofia Moss Sofia Moss.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.