This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Sofia Moss Sofia Moss 8 years, 2 months ago.

No geo-code after importing

• User Level

Hello there,

i use this great plugin for our costumer to set up a store finder page, i have a xls list with over 300 stores, when i upload as the sample with csv the geo-coding not work and it put all on 0 0 lat-long.

When i open in edit a store and then save it work and geocode right my address ..why happen?

thanks

Alex
    StaffUser Level

Hi there,

Thank you for your inquiry, you can try to download the sample csv first which is downloadable via import page. If that doesn’t work, you may need to check with the server provider and ensure cURL library is enabled.

Secondly, if the sample works but your csv doesn’t work, be sure to edit your file with notepad and ensure the format is the same as teh sample i.e comma (,) and quotes (“) as well as the data structure.

Hello,

I have the same problem than fedegoCLD , when I upload my csv the geo-coding not work and it put all on 0 0 lat-long. The cURL library is enabled on the server and sample data not geo-coding either.

Thanks for your help.

Sofia Moss
    StaffSuper ContributorUser Level

Hi there,

If the sample csv is not able to geo code, you will need to open a ticket with your hosting provider to see if they block bulk import and geo code. If you have a localhost environment you can try it there to see if it works. Alternative solution by some of users which are unable to perform geocode on a specific server, is they do it at localhost, then export all the data from localhost using phpmyadmin. And finally, import it using phpmyadmin at the live server.

Hi,

I installed the site on another server and bulk geocoding works, so that’s a problem with my host provider. I’ll see if they can do something for that.

Thanks for your help.

Sofia Moss
    StaffSuper ContributorUser Level

Alright, great, it’s a pleasure to assist you.

Cheers,
    Sofia

The topic ‘No geo-code after importing’ is closed to new replies.