This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Alex Alex 8 years, 3 months ago.

Categories with Numbers

• We are using the store locator to show our brewery customer and want to great categories to filter by the barrels they produce a year. However, every time I create a category with a number in it (example 1-1000 Barrels) the plugin no longer shows anything.

Addtionally, when I imported the data somehow an address got marked as a category and now it will not go away. Though I have deleted all the information and imported it again.

Cheers,

Alex
    StaffUser Level

Hi there,

Thank you for your inquiry, it is not advisable to use special characters in the categories, you can use numbers but try to put it at the front i.e “Barrel 1 to 1000″ that might work.

As for your import question, you may need to edit the csv you’re editing and sample csv using notepad, compare the format especially comma (,) and quotes (“) ensure they’re following the sample csv exact format.

Hey Alex,

thanks for the help with the number categories. That seems to work great.

For the import question, I actually deleted all store locations, and the category was still there though there was no locations for it attached to it. I checked the formatting of the csv, imported the information again and it still there. It seems like it is stuck there.

Another interesting aspect of the “phantom category” is that it is an address of a location that is being pulled as a category, so it begins with numbers but still shows up on the map.

Alex
    StaffUser Level

Hi there,

Great that it works. As for the phantom category can you try to go to phpmyadmin and delete the entire data inside wp_sls_wp_category

You can use the following command:

truncate wp_sls_wp_category;

The topic ‘Categories with Numbers’ is closed to new replies.